New Year, New Garage Door
Happy New Year! We hope your 2016 is off to a happy and productive start. In keeping with the tradition of New Year’s resolutions, this year we made a resolution to help keep all our customers happy and safe! Believe it or not, a big part of that does have to do with your garage door. As the biggest moving part in and the most frequent entryway to your home, it’s important that you have a reliable garage door that suits all the needs of your family. We know replacing your garage door can seem like a big job, but we can guarantee it’ll save you time, money and hassle in the long run. Here are the top reasons why:
- Battery backup garage door opener: replacing your garage door gives you the chance to install a battery backup garage door opener. Unlike other systems, this one will never give out on you when the power goes out and you need it most. The backup system works for up to six days.
- Smart phone operated: the new LiftMaster battery backup openers also come equipped with “MyQ Internet Gateway,” which allows you to operate your garage door with your smartphone, tablet or computer and alerts you any time your door opens. Now you never have to wonder about if you closed the garage door.
- Insulated garage door: we may sound like a broken record, but insulated garage doors are truly a great investment. They help keep your home energy bills lower, keep your cars in working order when the temperature dips below freezing and are generally quieter and better looking than non-insulated doors.
- Get around to other projects: have you been meaning to turn your garage into a workshop or living area, or just add more storage space to keep you more organized? You’d have a lot more motivation to tackle those projects with a thermally efficient garage door and a battery backup opener that would allow you to use your garage 365 days a year, no matter what.
- Increase home value: replacing your garage door is one of the home improvement projects that will get you the biggest bang for your buck. Because of the added curb appeal and security of a new door, you can get an 88 percent return on your investment, according to Home Advisor.
- Safety and security: upgrading your door doesn’t just make your home seem more secure to prospective buyers, it really does make you and your family safer! The garage door is the largest and most frequently used entrance to the home. Ensuring it is strong and dependable will keep your home safe for years to come.
- Get organized: every year you say you’re going to get around to organizing the garage. Then winter turns into spring, spring turns into summer, summer turns into fall…you get the picture. Replacing your garage door will give you the motivation needed to get out there and get organizing.
If you’re ready to kick start 2016 and replace your garage door, call the experts at Discount Garage Door. In the greater Tulsa area—including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks, Sand Springs, Bartlesville and more—you can call us at (918) 234-3667. In the Oklahoma City area, you can call us at (405) 525-3667. In Southern OKC—including Moore, Norman and more—call (405) 848-6700. In Edmond or Stillwater, call (405) 348-2000. You can also go to the "free quote" section of our website to get started on an estimate today!