In magazines and on TV, on design blogs and on social media it seems like everyone is turning their garage into something other than a place to park their car. We’ve seen guest bedrooms, garden sheds and everything in between. It seems like a garage isn’t just a place to park your car and store a few power tools anymore. So, if you’re thinking of getting on the garage-remodel train, here are a five fun ideas to get you started:
- Workshop—you already keep all your tools in there, so why not take it a step further? Get a good work bench, put in some storage cabinets, install some overhead lighting and you’re in business.
- Man Cave—or maybe your more into sports than tools. Mount a flat screen on the wall opposite the garage door, move your favorite comfy chair and put up some memorabilia from your favorite teams. If you want to go the extra mile—or yard, in this case—you can have a small bathroom and kitchenette installed as well, so you never have a to miss a big play for a snack or bathroom break. Make sure to call an expert for the plumbing.
- Game Room—this is one the whole family can enjoy! Get a pool table, a ping-pong table and a pinball machine and you’re ready to go! Or, turn it into a play space for the kids and get some peace and quiet in the house.
- Home Gym—keep that New Year’s resolution to get in shape this year with your new home gym. Bonus: you can play your workout music as loud as you want without bothering the rest of the family.
- She Shed—this is another trend we’ve seen a lot of lately. The female version of the man cave, the “she shed” can be designed around whatever activates the lady of the house loves to do. Maybe it’s gardening or reading or you just need separate spaces to watch your favorite teams—it can be hard when one of you is a Sooners fan and the other is a Cowboys fan.
Have other fun ideas of what to do with a converted garage? Send them to us on social media! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+! Whatever you decide to do with your garage—whether you turn it in to the coolest living space in your home or keep using it to park your car—the experts at Discount Garage Door are here for all your garage door repair and replacement needs.