Five Reasons to Replace Your Garage Door
December might not seem like the optimal time to have work done on your home, but take it from us, you’re always better off doing work now, than waiting for winter storms to hit and creating even bigger problems for you. One of the best ways to make sure your home is prepared for winter weather is to install a new garage door. So today we’re counting down the top five reasons to replace your garage door this season.
- Battery Backup: One of the best reasons to replace your garage door is the opportunity to install a new battery backup garage door opener. We’re guaranteed at least one—and probably more—bad winter storm every year in Oklahoma and that means power outages which keep your garage door from opening. A battery backup garage door opener ensures you never have to worry in the event of a power outage. Another reason to replace your garage door—we’re running a special on these openers all month!
- Insulated Garage Door: Installing an insulated garage door will keep you from constantly cranking up the thermostat and can save you a bundle on your home energy bill this winter. This is especially true if your garage connects to your home or serves as extra living space.
- More than Energy Efficiency: The majority of Americans keep emergency supplies in their garage. Installing an insulated garage door will ensure your garage isn’t freezing when the power goes out and you have to run out to look for emergency supplies. It’s also better for your vehicles to keep them in an area without dramatic temperature swings.
- Curb Appeal: Even if you’re not thinking about selling, making small improvements to boost your home’s resale value is always a smart investment for homeowners. Installing a new garage door is one of the most cost effective ways to up your home’s curb appeal and resale value.
- Safety: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again—your garage door is the largest moving part in your home and the most frequently used entrance to the home. You count on it every day to work and keep your home safe. Taking measures now to ensure your garage door works efficiently in the future will save you time and money and will give you piece of mind.
If you’re ready to replace your garage door, give the Discount Garage Door crew a call. In the greater Tulsa area—including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Bixby, Jenks, Sand Springs, Bartlesville and more—you can call us at (918) 234-3667. In the Oklahoma City area, you can call us at (405) 525-3667. In Southern OKC—including Moore, Norman and more—call (405) 848-6700. In Edmond or Stillwater, call (405) 348-2000. You can also go to the “Free Quote” section of our website to get started on an estimate right away!